The Gigalight 100GE/OTU4 CFP2 ER4 EML 40km optical transceiver (GF2-S101-ER4C) is a hot-pluggable module designed for use in 100-Gigabit Ethernet and OTN OTU4 links. It is compliant with the CFP2 MSA, IEEE 802.3ba 100GBASE-ER4 and OTU4 4L1-9C1F standards. Diagnostics functions are available via the MDIO interface.
The module converts 4 input channels of 28Gb/s electrical data to 4 channels of LAN-WDM optical signals and then multiplexes them into a single channel for 112Gb/s optical transmission. On the receiver side, a 112Gb/s optical signal is input into the SOA, and then the module de-multiplexes the signal into 4 channels of LAN-WDM optical signals and then converts them to 4 output channels of electrical data. The central wavelengths of the 4 LAN-WDM channels are 1295.56nm, 1300.05nm, 1304.58nm and 1309.14nm as members of the LAN-WDM wavelength grid defined in IEEE 802.3ba.
The module is a multi-rate optical transceiver with data rate up to 28Gbps per channel. The high-performance cooled LAN-WDM EML integrated TOSA and PIN integrated ROSA with SOA provide superior performance for Telecom and Datacom applications up to 40km links.
● 4 channels full-duplex transceiver modules
● Transmission data rate up to 28Gbps per channel
● 4 channels LAN-WDM EML integrated TOSA cooling transmitter
● 4 channels PIN integrated ROSA with SOA
● 4 parallel electrical serial interface and AC coupling of CML signals
● Internal CDR circuits on both receiver and transmitter channels
● Low power consumption < 9W
● Hot-pluggable CFP2 form-factor
● Up to reach 40km on SMF
● Duplex LC receptacles
● MDIO management interface
● Operating case temperature range 0°C to +70°C
● 3.3V power supply voltage
● RoHS-6 compliant (lead free)
Watch the video to learn more about Gigalight' 100G 40km soultions: