The Gigalight 100G CFP2 ER4 40km optical transceiver (GF2-S101-ER4C) is designed for 100GBASE-ER4 Ethernet and OTN OTU4 links reach up to 40km over Single-Mode Fiber (SMF).
The module converts 4 input channels of 28Gb/s electrical data to 4 channels of LAN-WDM optical signals and then multiplexes them into a single channel for 112Gb/s optical transmission. On the receiver side, a 112Gb/s optical signal is input into the SOA, and then the module de-multiplexes the signal into 4 channels of LAN-WDM optical signals and then converts them to 4 output channels of electrical data. The central wavelengths of the 4 LAN-WDM channels are 1295.56nm, 1300.05nm, 1304.58nm and 1309.14nm as members of the LAN-WDM wavelength grid defined in IEEE 802.3ba.
The module is a multi-rate optical transceiver with data rate up to 28Gbps per channel. The high-performance cooled LAN-WDM EML integrated TOSA and PIN integrated ROSA with SOA provide superior performance for Telecom and Datacom applications up to 40km links.
▪ Hot-pluggable CFP2 form factor
▪ 4 channels full-duplex transceiver modules
▪ 4x LAN-WDM EML cooling transmitter TOSA and PIN ROSA with SOA
▪ 4 parallel electrical serial interface and AC coupling of CML signals
▪ Internal CDR circuits on both receiver and transmitter channels
▪ Compliant with CFP2 MSA, 100GBASE-ER4 Ethernet and OTU4
▪ Data rate up to 111.8Gbps
▪ Reach up to 40km over SMF
▪ Power consumption < 9W
▪ Duplex LC receptacles
▪ MDIO management interface
▪ Operating case temperature range from 0°C to 70°C
▪ 3.3V power supply voltage
▪ RoHS compliant (lead free)
Watch the video to learn more about Gigalight' 100G 40km soultions: