- Related Products
The module converts 4 input channels of 28Gb/s electrical data to 4 channels of VCSEL optical signals over 4 multimode fibers for 112Gb/s optical transmission. Reversely, on the receiver side, the module receives 4 channels of VCSEL optical signals over 4 multimode fibers and then converts them to 4 output channels of electrical data.
The high-speed VCSEL transmitters and high-sensitivity PIN receivers provide superior performance for 100G applications up to 100m links over OM4 multimode fibers and compliant to optical interface with IEEE 802.3bm Clause 95 100GBASE-SR4 requirements. This product contains an MTP/MPO optical connector for the optical interface and a 56-pin connector for the electrical interface.
The CFP4 module supports the MDIO interface specified in IEEE 802.3bm Clause 45. It supports alarm, control and monitor functions via hardware pins and via an MDIO bus. Upon module initialization, these functions are available. CFP4 MDIO electrical interface consists of 6 wires including 2 wires of MDC and MDIO, as well as 3-port address wires, and the global alarm wire. The CFP4 uses pins in the electrical connector to instantiate the MDIO interface.
▪ Hot-pluggable CFP4 form-factor
▪ 4 channels full-duplex transceiver module
▪ 4x 850nm VCSEL array and PIN photo-detector array
▪ Compliant with CFP4 MSA and IEEE 802.3bm 100GBASE-SR4
▪ Compliant with OTN OTU4 and 128GFC SW4
▪ Data rate up to 112.2Gbps
▪ Reach up to 70m (OM3) or 100m (OM4) over MMF
▪ Power consumption < 2.5W
▪ MPO12 receptacle
▪ MDIO management interface
▪ Operating case temperature range from 0°C to 70°C
▪ 3.3V power supply voltage
▪ RoHS compliant (lead free)
▪ OTN OTU4 Metro Area Networks
▪ 100GBASE-SR4 Ethernet Data Center Networks
▪ 128GFC/4x32GFC Storage Area Networks