- Related Products
The passive copper cables require no additional power to ensure quality connectivity. The cables are compliant with SFF-8418/SFF-8419 and SFF-8685/SFF-8436 specifications and provide connectivity between devices using QSFP+ port on one end and four SFP+ ports on the other end. Each QSFP+/SFP+ port comprises an EEPROM providing product information, which can be read by the host system.
This integrated cable solution provides reliable transport for aggregate data rates of up to 40Gb/s. Optimizing systems to operate with Gigalight's 40Gb/s passive copper cables significantly reduces power consumption and EMI emission, eliminating the use of Enterprise Data Center (EDC) hosts.
Gigalight's unique quality passive copper cable solutions provide power-efficient connectivity for short distance interconnects. They enable higher port bandwidth, density and configurability at a low cost and reduced power requirement in the data centers. Rigorous cable production testing ensures best out-of-the-box installation experience, performance and durability.
▪ 4-channel full-duplex passive copper cable
▪ SFF-8436/SFF-8431 compliant QSFP+/SFP+ connectors
▪ SFF-8636 compliant I2C management interface
▪ IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE-CR4 compliant
▪ Data rate up to 40Gbps (4x 10Gbps)
▪ Copper link length up to 5m (passive limiting)
▪ Low power consumption: 0.02W (typ.)
▪ Excellent signal integrity and low insertion loss
▪ Operating case temperature range: 0°C to +70°C
▪ Single 3.3V supply voltage
▪ RoHS compliant
▪ 40G Ethernet 40GBASE-CR4
▪ 10G Ethernet 10GBASE-CR1
▪ SAS, servers, hubs, switches and routers