The Gigalight 50G QSFP28 Active Optical Cables (AOCs) are direct-attach fiber assemblies with QSFP28 connectors compliant with the QSFP MSA, 40G Ethernet 40GBASE-SR4, 25G Ethernet 25GBASE-SR, 32G Fibre Channel, and InfiniBand FDR/EDR. They are suitable for short distances and offer a cost-effective solution to connect within racks and across adjacent racks.
The 50G QSFP28 AOC is an assembly of 2 full-duplex lanes and each lane is capable of transmitting data at rates up to 28Gb/s, providing an aggregated rate of 56Gb/s. The length is up to 70 meters using OM3 MMF and 100 meters using OM4 MMF.
● Hot-pluggable QSFP28 form-factor connectors
● 2 channels full-duplex 850nm parallel active optical cable
● Transmission data rate up to 28Gbps per channel
● Support 40GE and 56G FDR data rates
● 2 channels 850nm VCSEL array
● 2 channels PIN photo-detector array
● Internal CDR circuits on both receiver and transmitter channels
● Supports CDR bypass
● Low power consumption <1.5W per end
● Length up to 70m using OM3 MMF and 100m using OM4 MMF
● Operating case temperature range 0°C to +70°C
● 3.3V power supply voltage
● RoHS-6 compliant (lead free)