Shenzhen, China, January 4, 2022 – GIGALIGHT has announced to launch a single-lambda 100G optical transceiver module—100G QSFP28 LR1—adpoting a silicon-based modulator recently. This 100G Ethernet optical module is developed with 7nm DSP and silicon photonics chip. The three-temperature power consumption is less than 4 Watts. It can be used as a substitute for 100G QSFP28 LR4 in certain 100GE applications. The company simultaneously launched silicon-based 100G QSFP28 DR1 and 100G QSFP28 FR1 modules.
Figure 1: GIGALIGHT’s single-lambda 100G silicon photonics transceivers
The performance and characteristics of the 100G QSFP28 LR1 transceiver are as follows:
- Compliant with QSFP28 MSA and IEEE 802.3cu 100GBASE-LR1
- Up to 20km at 100GE data rate
- Zero-frame-loss under 24-hour traffic test
- Adopting the innovative COB technology of double-lens silicon photonics source to improve heat dissipation performance, coupling efficiency and manufacturability
- Better signal quality adopting silicon integrated MZ modulation compared with the traditional EML version
|Temperature (℃)||Optical Power (dBm)||TDECQ (dB)||Outer ER (dB)||Sensitivity (dBm) @ 2.4E-4||Power consumption (W)|
Table 1: Three-temperature performance
Figure 2: Eye diagram performance of 0℃
Figure 3: Eye diagram performance at 25℃ (room temperature)
Figure 4: Eye diagram performance of 75℃
GIGALIGHT is a follower of silicon photonics technology products. In addition to traditional technology optical modules, the company has been committed to internal R&D and external cooperation in this area. With the maturity of the silicon photonics industry chain, GIGALIGHT believes that silicon photonics modules will eventually usher in a bright glow.