GIGALIGHT Launches the Universal Technology of Submersible Optical Transceivers Available for Liquid-cooled Data Centers
Shenzhen, China, July 30, 2021 − GIGALIGHT has announced its accomplishment of technical research on submersible optical transceivers today. The technological fruit can provide liquid-cooled data centers with high-reliability and high cost-performance optical interconnection solutions, and is applicable to all data center optical transceivers developed by GIGALIGHT.
Liquid-cooled data center technology has been mature for a long time, but related applications have not yet been popularized. According to industry research, a data center’s PUE can be easily controlled to about 1.1 through the application of liquid cooling. If the power density of a single cabinet reaches 20KW, the liquid cooling technology can help save energy effectively.
GIGALIGHT has conducted a number of researches on immersion cooling technology of optical transceivers and realized a series of advantages as follows:
- Direct immersion liquid cooling method is available
- Adopting optimized optical device sealing design (patent pending), which can effectively prevent the coolant from entering the optical circuit and prevent the solution from affecting the optical circuit
- Passed 72 hours of 0.5 kg liquid pressurization test (to improve the fluidity of the coolant), showing its high reliability and long-term stability of data transmission
- The temperature range of the liquid environment is 10-55℃
- Working depth in liquid can reach deeper than 1m
- Optical transceiver material selection meets the long-term compatibility requirements of liquid cooling
The types of immersion cooling optical transceivers launched by GIGALIGHT this time are listed as follows:
- 25G SFP28 SR 850nm, with Dual LC pigtail
- 25G SFP28 LR 1310nm, with Dual LC pigtail
- 100G QSFP28 SR4 850nm, with MPO pigtail
- 100G QSFP28 PSM4 1310nm, with MPO pigtail
It it worth mentioning that GIGLALIGHT will demonstrate the technological achievement at 2021 CIOE.